1E NightWatchman, Nomad, AppClarity, Shopping
Adobe Creative Suite
Apple Mac OS X, iOS
Microsoft Active Directory, App-V, GPO, Hyper-V, MDT, Office (95-2016/365), ORCA, PowerShell, Project, SQL Server, System Center Configuration Manager (SMS 2003 – ConfigMgr 1702), Visio, Windows (3.1-10), Windows Server (NT-2016), WSUS
VMWare Virtualisation Solutions
Apple iPhones, iPads & MacBooks
Cisco Routers & Switches
Dell Laptops, Tablets, Servers & Workstations
Elo Touch Screens
HP/Compaq Laptops, Servers, Thin Clients, Tablets & Workstations
IBM BladeCenter Servers
Lenovo Laptops, Tablets & Workstations
Sony VAIO Laptop
June 2015 to November 2016 – DXC, Deployment and Automation Consultant
– Part of a team of senior engineers responsible for the creation and automation of SCCM infrastructure and content to support a managed digital workplace product supporting PC Devices, Virtual Desktops and Applications and Device and Mobility Management.
– Management and testing of Operating System Deployment (OSD) Task Sequences to support the deployment of Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.
– Testing of enhancements to the automated build-out of SCCM infrastructure and content ahead of implementation into customer environments.
– Troubleshooting of issues related to SCCM, PowerShell, 1E Nomad and Active Directory.
June 2015 to November 2016 – DTCC, Desktop Engineering and Automation Consultant
– Working as part of a team of senior engineers, responsible for the design, implementation, management and support of end-user and endpoint technologies to support the business.
– Responsible for the creation, modification, testing and implementation of Workstation and Laptop Images and Task Sequences (and associated content including Drivers, Applications, Packages, Boot Images etc) for deployment via System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
– Responsible for Endpoint Security Compliance. Creation and management of SCCM Configuration Items and Compliance Baselines to monitor and remediate over 300 unique settings across 3 endpoint platforms (Workstation, Laptop and Embedded), based on CIS, NSA and internal benchmarks and controls. Creation of custom PowerShell scripts for Configuration Items (e.g. querying WMI for User Rights Assignment, querying Event Logs and checking Service statuses).
– Working with vendors to assess, select and implement third-party tools/add-ons to complement the existing Systems Management infrastructure, including Secunia Corporate Software Inspector and the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Client Remediation Service (PFE Remediation Agent).
– Working as part of a team to implement, migrate to and manage Office 365.
– Use of Microsoft PowerShell to develop toolsets and scripts to automate workflows (e.g. compliance reporting, Active Directory (AD) Organizational Unit (OU) migrations) and manage endpoints (e.g. remotely triggering Compliance Baseline evaluation, Windows Update status checks and GPO application status/results)
– Day-to-day monitoring and third-level support of SCCM infrastructure and clients in a global CAS/multiple Primary Site environment.
July 2013 to April 2015 – MCPc, Lead Microsoft Solutions Architect
– Responsible for providing expert architectural, analysis and design consultancy and thought leadership for Microsoft Solutions at a senior level.
– Liaising with clients, team members, project managers and key business stakeholders to deliver successful projects.
– Responsible for defining solution offerings, go-to-market strategy and reference architectures and contributing to the development and ongoing improvement of MCPc’s industry best practices and standards for enterprise technologies.
– Managing both internal and contract resources and mentoring and providing technical leadership to team members.
August 2012 to October 2012 – Epitomii Limited, Senior Consultant
– Working with multiple clients. Responsible for end-to-end project delivery including pre-sales, requirement gathering, infrastructure design, implementation, testing and documentation of system management solutions based around Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
May 2011 to October 2012 – Core Technology Systems, Senior Consultant
– Working with multiple clients on behalf of a Microsoft Gold Partner. Responsible for the design and delivery of system and application deployment, management, compliance and security solutions based on Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 and 2012.
September 2012 to October 2012 – State Street, Senior Solutions Architect
– Responsible for requirement gathering, design, documentation and implementation of a highly-available, cross-forest ConfigMgr 2012 Infrastructure to manage sites across 3 countries.
– Analysis of existing data center and network infrastructure to ensure that the solution design maximises bandwidth efficiency for WAN links between sites.
– Delivery of virtualised application using App-V meant that the solution would need to be resilient and offer high-availability to ensure continuation of service in the event of site servers becoming unavailable.
– Analysis of existing ConfigMgr 2007 infrastructure and provision of a detailed migration plan to enable the client to perform a side-by-side migration from ConfigMgr 2007 to ConfigMgr 2012 without interrupting application and system management availability.
August 2012 to September 2012 – States of Jersey, Senior Solutions Architect
– Engaged to recover a failing project and working to extremely tight deadlines. Responsible for the design, documentation, implementation and testing of a new ConfigMgr 2012 infrastructure to support the rollout of Windows 7 and Office 2010 to 4000 users across multiple sites.
– Creation of desktop and laptop builds as well as creation and maintenance of all operating system images, driver packages and task sequences needed to perform the migration from Windows XP and Office 2003 via ConfigMgr using Zero-Touch Installation.
– Creation and management of applications deployed via App-V streaming as well as traditional MSI installers utilising the ConfigMgr 2012 Application Catalog to allow users to request/install software via an intranet web portal.
– Liaising with key business stakeholders to ensure that realistic expectations were set, business decisions were in line with best practice and that all key milestones and deadlines were met.
– Management of technical staff providing Application Packaging and Group Policy design.
May 2012 – Carshalton College, Senior Consultant
– Troubleshooting and resolution of multiple issues with an existing ConfigMgr 2007 infrastructure as well as configuration, testing and user training on Operating System Deployment and Task Sequences.
May 2012 – UTV Media, Senior Consultant
– Pre-sales analysis, design and delivery of a new ConfigMgr 2012 infrastructure to provide operating system and application deployment, asset intelligence and compliance and software update delivery.
May 2012 – Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Group, Senior Consultant
– Analysis, design and documentation of a new ConfigMgr 2012 infrastructure.
April 2012 – Newtown Abbey Borough Council, Senior Consultant
– Pre-sales analysis, design and delivery of a new ConfigMgr 2007 infrastructure to provide operating system and application deployment and software updates to users across multiple sites.
June 2011 – Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Group, Senior Consultant
– Analysis, advice and planning for the migration to Windows 7 and Office 2010, including recommendations for deployment strategy, implementation tools and technologies, application compatibility and risk mitigation.
May 2011 – Channel 4, Senior Consultant
– Design review of ConfigMgr 2007 R3 to ensure compliance with Microsoft best practice ahead of implementation, accreditation and integration into Managed Service environment.
July 2010 to March 2011 – Domino’s Pizza Uk & IRL, Senior Solutions Architect
– Infrastructure design and configuration to support the implementation of a new EPoS system for stores, utilising VMWare Virtual Servers and Thin Client/Touch Screen technology.
– Design, testing, implementation and documentation of a new Active Directory Domain, including associated technologies (DNS, GPOs, Mail, Anti-Virus etc), to support the new EPoS system.
– Design, testing and documentation of deployment processes, including the production of build images and the automation of store deployment, shortening the build time per-store from 4+ hours of hands-on work to 35 minutes with minimal interaction.
– Design, testing, implementation and documentation of a new ConfigMgr 2007 R2 infrastructure for Application Management and Patching.
February 2010 to June 2010 – Santander UK, System Center Configuration Manager Consultant
– Responsible for the management and support of 3 ConfigMgr infrastructures across 3 Domains and 14 Sites, comprising over 15,000 Systems and 1700 Packages.
– Planned, tested and completed hardware migrations and ConfigMgr SP2 upgrades in all 3 environments.
October 2009 to January 2010 – Nationwide Building Society, Senior Systems Specialist
– Responsible for the provision of high-level support and design expertise for Active Directory, Application Management/Deployment and Thin Client/Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
June 2008 to Feb 2009 – Northamptonshire Police, Systems Management Server Consultant
– Responsible for Application Management and analysis of Active Directory and SMS 2003 infrastructure.
– Planned, tested and completed upgrade to SMS SP3 and implemented 1E NightWatchman, SMSWakeup and SMSNomad software to allow automatic shutdown and wake-up of machines for software installation/updates across the LAN and WAN.
– Created and documented processes and standards for Application Packaging and Deployment.
August 2008 to October 2008 – Santander UK, Server Migration and Virtualisation Consultant
– Responsible for the migration of banking applications and data from local Blade Servers to Blade and Virtual Servers in a remote datacentre.
February 2006 to June 2007 – Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, Technical Architect
– Responsible for the design, testing and implementation of a RESTRICTED LAN to support MoD users on an RAF site, including design, documentation and implementation of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and GPOs.
– Technical design of the software/hardware infrastructure to ensure that it meets/exceeds all MoD-specified security requirements (the system passed vulnerability assessment and received security accreditation at the first attempt and has since been used as a reference for MoD secure systems).
– Technical leadership of a team of consultants and liaison with external suppliers. Reporting of progress to senior management.
June 2005 to December 2005 – Camwood, Senior MSI Quality Review Analyst
– Responsible for the testing of MSI packages and provision of support to other members of the QR Team.
January 2005 to June 2005 – MTV Networks Europe, Active Directory Upgrade Test Engineer
– Responsible for testing of the Europe-wide migration from Windows NT4 to Windows Server 2003, including the build and use of both physical and virtual test environments.
January 2005 to February 2005 – Tektronix, SQL Server Infrastructure Consultant
– Responsible for the design and specification of a new SQL Server infrastructure including deployment, migration, security and backup strategies.
July 2004 to December 2004 – DaimlerChrysler, MSI Quality Assurance Engineer
– Responsible for the Quality Assurance of MSI packages produced as part of the Windows XP migration project.
September 2003 to July 2004 – Barclaycard, XP Migration Team Leader
– Management of the desktop rollout team and provision of advanced technical support and network administration.
February 1998 to September 2002 – Parcelforce Worldwide, Information and Support Analyst
– Management and support of a number of business-critical sales databases (SQL Server and Microsoft Access) as well as general system/network administration and support.
Extensive commercial, professional and personal references available upon request.